Monday, January 5, 2009

Toes


I decided to get a pedicure yesterday. I find them to be fairly indulgent. It is quite lovely to be able to sit for an hour and have nothing to do except relax and read trashy magazines. For me, it's heaven.

The colour selection. Now I used to be a strictly pink kind of girl. But I have recently ventured out into red. (Am I the kind of girl who can have red toes????!!!!)

Yesterday I decided to go with pink. Now, you would think that would be easy, once you narrow it down, but it's not. Do you want something frosted, or plain. And you don't want it neon, but candy floss isn't good either. And sometimes I just pick the colour based on the name. The colour you see here is Strawberry Margarita.

As I was sitting waiting for my toes to dry, a woman sat down in the chair beside me to get a pedicure done. Apparently she wanted something 'more brown' (brown, seriously????? That's a colour for slacks, not toes). Anyway...so this went on for a bit. Then she asked the woman that was administering the pedicure if you could have pink toes in the winter. The answer was 'yes' but the woman wasn't convinced. (As I glanced down at my Margarita painted toes, thinking 'well, at least they aren't brown'.) Then someone comes over with an armful of polish so she can choose. I found the whole thing amusing. Sadly, I didn't pay attention to the colour she did finally choose.

Wow, now that I wrote that down, it doesn't seem nearly as amusing as it did yesterday. :)

1 comment:

Justin Van Leeuwen said...

Too bad, she was obviously paying a lot of attention to you. Didn't you know! Pink in the winter! It's like clipping your nails on the TTC!

Blog Archive