Monday, September 22, 2008

The Tower...


Okay guys...am going to keep this short and sweet.

Got up a bit late, decided against the Louvre today...and ventured out to the Eiffel Tower. It was pretty funny trying to find it. It is so big, that at some point you can't really see it anymore. So was a bit lost for a while. Then turned a corner...and there it was. It is completely HUGE. I can't really describe the scale of this thing. I wasn't going to go up...but I figured I might regret it if I didn't...so I did. The drawback was the long lines. But had a book with me...so read away.

The view was pretty awesome! There are 3 points that you can view from, and I went all the way to the 3rd viewing platform. Not much else to say other than...it was pretty cool.

Then walked back to the hotel. Got lost (of course). Randomly came across 2 statues of Champlain and Cartier - who knew. Made me smile and think of home. They were next to this roman sculpture thing...very strange.

Back to the room...then out for some dinner. Went to the store (the place I found is called Monoprix). It's this odd mixture of an upscale grocery store, wine store and Walmart. Needed to get some shampoo and stuff...and apparently Parisians don't believe in Kleenex..so needed to get some of that too.

And that's about it. Tomorrow is Versailles and Giverny. Weather is calling for rain...keep your fingers crossed for me.

Enjoy the pics!

From Paris Day 3


I tried to take a picture of me with the tower....here is the best result I got. I did get someone to take one of me, but it is hideous. :)

1 comment:

ldutton said...

If you can... go back to the tower at night. It's a totally different experience. Absolutely stunning with all the lights lit up.

Blog Archive