Saturday, September 27, 2008

Notre Dame

Went over to see Notre Dame today. Left kind of early, hopped on the metro, and decided to have my petit déjeuner near the cathedral. It was pretty quiet at that time of the morning. Ate, then walked over to the cathedral.

I haven't really been in many churches (mostly for weddings and such) and have been in even fewer cathedrals. All I can say is....wow! I was lucky I was early, I just waltzed in...didn't have to wait. (On my way out, the line in snaked all across the square). It was beautiful...magnificent...awe inspiring. I can't really put into words how amazing it was. And to think it was built in the days before machinery. Boggles the mind. I ended up sitting for a while and just taking it all in, and watching the people.

Took some pictures, but it was tough, since it wasn't very bright in there. (Yes Justin....I know it would have been better if I had a tripod.) :)

After that, I strolled around the streets. It's kind of an artsy part of the city. Just tried to take it all in.

Stopped for lunch in a restaurant on a side street, and had a long leisurely, lunch that included wine and dessert. Who can argue with that.

Am back at the hotel to recharge, then might just wander past the Opera house. I haven't made it that far down yet. Have a nice dinner, then it's home to pack.

It's been an amazing time. I couldn't have asked for a better vacation - the weather was wonderful, I saw the stuff I wanted to. But admittedly, I am ready to come home. There are many things left to see...it will just have to wait until next time.

Bonsoir mes amis!!!

From Paris Day 7


No picture today...it didn't want to upload for some reason.

No comments:

Blog Archive