Friday, September 26, 2008

The Cemetery


Today's journey was to Pere Lachaise cemetery. For some unknown reason, one thing I have always wanted to see is Jim Morrison's grave. Don't ask...I have no idea why. So when I decided to come to Paris, I knew this was a place I had to go. Apparently there are 800,000 people buried here. It is absolutely beautiful, and huge.

Most of the famous people are somewhat easy to find....since there is usually a crowd of people standing around. Jim Morrison's for example. But sometimes it's kind of like a needle in a haystack. I spent the 2 euro to get the map that was being sold outside...thank goodness. If I hadn't I would have had no idea where to find anything.

Other than Morrison, I wanted to see Chopin, and Oscar Wilde. It was hard to pick the ones to see, since there were so many. Plus the charm wore off trying to hunt for gravestones after the first two hours.

Some of the stones were of people who were born in the 1700s. That is insane.

Bottom line....very cool.

OH!!!! Almost forgot. Had breakfast at the place, Angelina's. When I was on the tour to Versailles, one of the women asked where it was. It's close to my hotel...and had passed by it one day. Apparently it has the best hot chocolate in the world. Yes...I said the world. So, I had to check it out. Holy crap....the hot chocolate is just that, hot melted chocolate. And just for kicks, they give you a side of whipped cream. It may have been the most decadent thing I have ever tasted. Any place that thinks chocolate is a breakfast food, is okay with me.

Paris Day 6


That is the pic today....see that pitcher...that's the hot chocolate.

No comments:

Blog Archive