Saturday, May 31, 2008

Saturday Morning


One of my favourite things is Saturday mornings. The prospect of two days of no 'work' - yeah, there's work to be done, cleaning, laundry and the usual stuff - but the fact I don't actually have to get up and go to my job is nice. I tend to wake up early, even on the weekends. It used to annoy me, this waking up early on weekends. Back in the day I could sleep in till noon like the best of 'em. What I have come to realize is that Saturday morning is a great time in my apartment building to get laundry done. Everyone is sleeping in...so I can sneak down there and get my delicates laundered. Put of a pot of coffee, throw on some tunes, and read the paper. It's perfection. And I am a napping kind of girl. So my trade off on getting up early is grabbing an afternoon nap.

I also love weekends that have no plans. It's like a blank canvas....ok, not really. There is something freeing about not having any plans, being able to just do whatever, whenever you want. I used to be big on planning - made me very uncomfortable if I didn't know what was going on - need to have a plan!!!!! Maybe it's my old age, maybe I am actually growing as a person, or maybe it's just laziness - it takes a lot of effort to worry and plan stuff all the time. Who knows.

Went to yoga again last night - two nights in one week - unheard of!!!! My friend Sharon is very consistent about her yoga attendance. Unlike my slacker yoga attitude. Our routine used to be yoga Friday night then go out to dinner. We haven't done that in a long time. So it was nice to get back to that routine last night. Sharon was so excited I was back at yoga - she even bought me dinner. Thanks Sharon!!!!


The picture today is of Sharon and I from my birthday celebration a couple of years ago. We went to one of my favourite restaurants...Rancho Relaxo...mmmmm, chicken mole!!!!!! 



No comments:

Blog Archive