Tuesday, April 13, 2010

We will always have Paris...

It's my last official day in Paris so I tried to make the most of it.

First, some unfinished business from yesterday. After dinner (which was delicious) I went over to see the Eiffel Tower at night. It was something I wanted to do last time, but time wouldn't allow it. Plus, as a woman traveling alone, not to be a wuss, but wandering around at night is something I try to avoid. But seeing as my hotel is 10 minutes from the tower, I figured I was okay.

I wasn't sure what to expect. I have to say...it was breathtaking. My pictures don't do it justice. It was simply beautiful. Plain and simple.

Anway....moving on....

Today I headed off to Montparnasse Cemetery. What can I say, I enjoy old cemeteries. So what? It was interesting enough. Not much exciting to say. Except that I googled the French word for map so I could ask for one at the gate. (Yesterday when I tried to ask the security guard at Invalides for a map, he thought I wanted the washroom....shrug.) And the good news is I successfully acquired a map. Once I got oriented, it was pretty easy to find what I was looking for. The strange thing about this cemetery is that all the graves are above ground. Weird.

After that, it was lunch time. I had done some research on where the 'best' Croque Monseiur was in Paris, and I found a place that was close-ish to the cemetery. It wasn't number 1, but I think it was 3rd out of 5. Not going to lie, I was a bit disappointed. It was alright, but definitely not the best I had. Oh well.

So that was about all the excitement today. Except that I locked my hotel keys in my room (silly me).

It's off to London tomorrow. I must admit, as much as I have loved Paris, it will be nice to be where people speak English.
Paris 2010 Day 4

No comments:

Blog Archive