Friday, March 27, 2009

Go Your Own Way....


Went to the Fleetwood Mac concert last night at the ACC (Air Canada Centre for those of you not from these parts). :) Was very good. I have seen them twice before. Once a few years ago when Doug won tickets...and they happened to be in the second row (the seats we had, not the band)!!! And once back in the day with the friend I went with last night.

She and I were talking about it, and she happened to still have the ticket from that concert. It was in October 1987 (good lord!!! over 20 years ago!!!!) and apparently the ticket was $28. Damn inflation....the tickets for last night were DEFINTELY more than $28.

So....my story is this. I like Fleetwood Mac...music is good. But had a mad crush on Lindsay Buckingham (the guitarist). Random...I know. So about 2 weeks before they played Toronto (back in 87) he decided to leave the band. I was not a happy camper. I almost protested and didn't go...but then I had spent a whole $28 on the ticket and all. As I recall, was a good show. But not the same without him!! (Sigh)

He was redeemed in my mind when I saw them for the second time. I think the concert karma gods were smiling on me - that's why we ended up with the second row seats. (Okay....I am sure that's not the case...but I choose to believe it anyway.)

Overall....awesome show. Could sing along to most of the songs. Wasn't the oldest person there. (Actually, was probably one of the youngest.) :) And they weren't hocking a new album...so none of those annoying songs that no one actually likes or cares about.

The pic today was taken from my phone (hence the lousy quality) of my friend. Thankfully she isn't really into technology or computer stuff...so she won't be checking out this blog. (She would NOT be impressed if she knew I had posted her picture. As she wasn't impressed I told the world about her Dad's underwear I purchased in London. See post from January 28th.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh really? Good thing I'm not into technology or computer stuff! And lucky for you that photo is practically black!! Couldn't you have posted a photo of the BAND, for Pete's sake? From you KNOW who.

Blog Archive